Sleep Apnea Therapy
Sleep Safely With Sleep Apnea Therapy
When someone has Sleep Apnea, they stop breathing in their sleep. Sleep Apnea is a life-threatening condition. If you or a loved one might have sleep apnea, it’s essential that you seek treatment. Our medical spa in Milton will help. Learn how our sleep apnea therapy works, beginning with a complimentary home sleep test. Book your appointment with Reflections Medical Spa today.
Do I Have Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)?
The most common symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) are listed below. If you have experienced any of these symptoms, you could have sleep apnea.
- Loud snoring
- Periods of time where you stop breathing in your sleep
- Gasping for air while sleeping
- Morning headaches
- Dry mouth, particularly in the morning
- Waking up in the middle of the night
- Feeling excessively sleepy during the day
- Having a hard time paying attention
“Sara made me feel very at home and wasn’t at all judgmental. She talked me through anything I inquired about and was very knowledgeable."
- Eloise T., Reflections client
All About Sleep Apnea
An estimated 22 million Americans have sleep apnea, fortunately, it is a treatable disease. If you think you might have sleep apnea, let us help you, contact Reflections Medical Spa in Milton to set up a consultation.
Different Types of Sleep Apnea
There are three types of Sleep apnea. It’s important to recognize the distinctions between them, because treatment will vary depending on the type of sleep apnea you have suffer from.
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is the most common type of sleep apnea. It occurs when throat muscles relax during sleep. This is what we treat at Reflections Medical Spa.
- Central sleep apnea involves your brain. When the brain doesn’t send the right signals to the muscles controlling your breathing.
- Complex sleep apnea is a combination of the two former types of sleep apnea.
Obtaining Your Diagnosis
We use invaluable data from the home sleep test we give you to determine if you have OSA. We show you how to use the portable sleep study machine. While you are asleep, the machine records your sleep experience, including your oxygen desaturation, bruxism (clenching and grinding), and snoring.
You bring the machine back to the spa the next day. We upload your information and send it to a sleep physician who reads the results, and sends your diagnosis and prognosis back to us at Reflections.
Sleep Apnea Therapy
We take measurements to determine the precise jaw position which will provide you with the most oxygen during sleep. Next, we decide which appliance is going to work best. We take digital impressions of your teeth and a bite. Once the appliance is made, we adjust it to fit you as perfectly as possible.
You return after two weeks for final adjustments (if needed). 3-6 months later give you the portable sleep study machine to make sure your sleep apnea appliance is working as it should.
Why Work With Reflections For Sleep Apnea Therapy?
Reflections Medical Spa will see you quickly and get your results sooner. Utilizing the most advanced technologies and appliance, the experts at Reflections Medical Spa will treat your Sleep Apnea, make a difference in your sleep, and improve your life as a whole!